K-9 University Prepares You For Doggy Day Care
Preparing For The First Day Of Dog Day Care
The first day of doggy daycare is filled with emotions for both pet owner and pup. It’s a big day when your furry family member gets to leave their nest and hang out in another place all day. Of course, they’ll miss you while you’re gone during the day, but they’ll have a blast at daycare. K-9 University provides high-quality daycare services to Plano and Garland, TX pet owners. Our amazing staff is exceptional at providing fun activities filled with exercise and playtime. We’ll tell you all you need to know about preparing your dog for its first dog daycare visit. Contact us with further questions.
Benefits Of Dog Day Care
Your pup will reap the many benefits of doggy daycare, including:
- Structured environment
- Decreased anxiety
- Helps curb destruction
- Socialization and playtime with other dogs
- Boost activity and exercise levels
- Comfortable place to relax during downtime
Preparing Your Pooch For Their First Day
Before you bring your pup to daycare, you should be prepared with a few things in hand and questions in mind, including:
- Medical History – Most daycares require medical records and vaccination records. At K-9 University, we require dogs to be up to date on all vaccinations, including Bordetella, every six months. After six months of age, your dog must be spayed or neutered to stay with us during the day. This ensures the health and safety of our other pets.
- Ask About Safety Certifications – A daycare isn’t the same thing as a veterinarian clinic, so they don’t need the same safety certifications. They should be able to respond to pet health emergencies and know specific first-aid techniques. Our instructors hold multiple certifications from the International Boarding & Pet Services Association (IBPSA) and the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT).
- Prepare For Evaluation – It’s about that daycare attendants know how your dog acts when you’re away. They may assess how your pup responds to a dog crate, gets along with other animals, and acts with strangers. Some dogs may not be a good fit to socialize with other pets, while other animals need a bit of time to get used to the room. An evaluation lets daycare attendants better understand your pup.
- Inquire About Meals – Food allergies and food aggression are common things among dogs. It’s important that you ask about mealtime at day care. At K-9 University, dogs get ample water, but they must bring their own food. This helps encourage healthy eating and continuity for your pup.
What Can Your Pet Expect From Doggy Day Care?
K-9 University understands that it’s tough to leave your dog all day. They can expect a day filled with fun and activities at our daycare. We provide large playrooms divided by size and temperament, cage-free daytime play, and constant attention. Our structured environment allows a perfect place for socialization with other dogs. Your pet can expect playtime that helps stimulate their minds in a safe environment.
Dogs of All Ages
We welcome dogs of all ages. It’s important that your dog is left with someone during the day that understands their age. Whether you have an older dog or a puppy, K-9 University offers complete daycare services. They can relax and sleep or enjoy a day full of stimulating playtime. Your furry family member of any age will have a great time in our hands.
More Than A Day Care Center
K-9 University is much more than a doggy daycare center. Your dog is part of our family during their stay. We also offer training, grooming, and boarding as additional services to help your dog flourish. Don’t let the first day of doggy daycare scare you. We’ll help your dog feel at home when they walk through our doors. Contact us today to learn more or schedule doggy daycare with us.